Comment on page
QGIS: Split Multi-field Shapefiles
Sometimes you have a shapefile with many fields in it. GeoPard supports .shp per field boundary upload. So, to upload such a file you need to split it into many shapefiles, you can do the following in a free QGIS program.
1 - Initial field boundary consists of 2 polygons
Split vector layer
Choose layer and attribute
- 1.a layer (file) to split
- 2.a unique attribute based on which split will happen
- 3.Output directory (should be created in advance)
Choose output shp
2. Select the path and file name
3. Uncheck unnecessary attributes
Slash / or Backslash \ can break the creation of files (and some other special characters). Please, remove or edit them in case of error.