Comment on page
QGIS: Convert CSV to SHP
IMPORTANT: The data in CSV format must contain
latitudecolumns to make the proper georeference mapping.
STEP 1: Start the import process using "Layer" >> "Add Layer" >> "Add Delimited Text Layer".
STEP 2: Configure the import parameters and click the "Add" button.
- 1.Define the path to the CSV file
- 2.Check the column separator, should be a comma.
- 3.Check the first row. Usually, it contains the names of the attribute. It has to be excluded from the parsing.
- 4.Select the dataset columns with Latitude (X) and Longitude (Y) data.
- 5.Set the Coordinate Reference System. Usually, ESPG:4326 is used.
The expected result after STEP 2 looks like
STEP 3: Trigger the export flow via "Right Mouse Button" click >> "Export" >> "Save Features As ..."
STEP 4: Configure the proper export options and click "Ok".
- 1.Set the exported shapefile path.
- 2.Set the Coordinate Reference System (CRS) to ESPG:4326, which is acceptable by GeoPard.