Comment on page
Yield Data Manipulations
Manual with step-by-step description to resolve the following troubles with data from yield monitor:
- 1.Missed projection file (.prj) in shapefile
- 2.Apply conversion rules for every attribute in shapefile (based on kb/ha to bu/ac sample)
Downloading and installation are mandatory.
- 1.Open shapefile with yield data. Move the file inside the QGIS window.
- 2.The shapefile becomes available for further manipulations in the Layers block.
- 3.Start saving process
- 1.Do the right mouse button and click at the shapefile
- 2.Choose Export -> Save Feature As ...
- 1.Format -> ESRI Shapefile,
- 2.Filename -> click … and select the preferred directory and filename,
- 3.CRS -> EPSG:4326
- 4.Encoding -> UTF8
- 5.Add saved file to map (optional if you want to see it directly in QGIS)
- 6.Geometry type -> Point
- 5.Click Ok
- 6.An additional shapefile with the same yield data is created. The projection file (.prj) was added.
- 1.Do the right mouse button click on the shapefile and choose Open Attribute Table
- 2.Click Open field calculator
- 3.Create a new field
- 1.Mark Create a new field
- 2.Enter Output field name -> DryYieldBu
- 3.Choose Output field type -> Decimal number (real)
- 4.Change Precision -> 4
- 5.Put rule to convert kg/ha to bu/ac -> "Dry_Yield" * 0.0149
- 4.Click Ok
- 5.Additional DryYieldBu attribute has appeared in the table
- 6.Save the changes
- 1.Do the right mouse button click on the interested shapefile
- 2.Choose Toggle Editing
- 7.Confirm saving the changes
The interested shapefile is not marked with Pencil anymore. The data in the shapefile was updated.